I recently changed the battery on my Chevrolet Malibu and the radio and cd player stopped working.

185

Asked by Dec 15, 2013 at 04:22 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS

My car battery was having some issues maintaining a charge so i charged it one night
and then unplugged it for the night and reconnected it in the morning but when i did
connect it the radio and digital display of time, oild and gas life did not turn on. AC works
but the radio does not. i checked the fuse box and the fuse was not really burnt but i
changed it anyway and it did not help. any ideas what i can check now?

111,035

I would check your owners manual. On some models you have to reset the security feature on the radio/CD player for it to work after changing a battery.

Best Answer
111,035

http://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/chevrolet/chevrolet-malibu- owners-manuals/ --- in case you don't have an owners manual here is you access to one.

185

Thanks for your help. The manual sent me to the fuse box which I had no idea where it was. this car has 3 and I needed the one on the passanger side. the 10A fuse was blown got some and will change it out tomorrow.

3,915

Danny, I am glad to hear you were able to have your concern resolved. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email. You can email us at socialmedia@gm.com. Erica Tiffany GM Customer Care

240

Hi dandyoun, my 2003 chevy malibu radio wont just work. i changed the radio to several radios but wont still power on. i have tried looking for the radio fuse but cant find it. could you please help me out. thanks

30

Hi this car hav been giving me the flucks i bought new battery new alternator an the car still dyn ....plus if i dive it an hit a bump car shuts down while on freeway i have to put in nutral an start it bk up to keep frm gettn in a accident please help

30

Its a 04 chevy malibu classic

150

On a 2012 Malibu, I had a friend who had recently had her battery go completely dead. She jump started the car and the radio read: "no vin." The dealership wanted $120 to "reset" the radio. The fuse bank for the radio is on the passenger side of the center console. I removed the lower cover, with the power off, I removed the 10 Amp fuse for the "Radio." BTW, the fuse was good. Fuses are diagramed in the owner's manual. With the fuse removed, I started the car. I then turned the car off, replaced the fuse and turned the key to "ACC" and the radio was "Reset." A 5 minute job would have cost my friend $120. Hope this works for you.

110

I have a chevy malibu 08 my father in law connected the battery the wrong way messed up my computer alternator and my radio wont work i took it to get fixed they put in a new ecm and alternator but couldnt figure out how to fix the radio they changed the fuses and it is still not working any suggestions??

150

I have a 2012 malibu put in a battery now i can't hear anything from the car no sound from radio but I see it's playing cds and it's on. No door chimes, no seat belt noise nothing. I checked all three fuse boxes and still can't find the problem. Unplugged the battery for a coupled hours and still no sound.

70

I have a 2011 chevy equinox that had battery dead, 2 last week my neighbor jumped me with the cables and the stereo just don't turn on since then I'll checked the fuse box under the hood, the one in the passenger side too and all fuses are perfect, I checked one by one all of them non is blow off, radio and light around the radio don't turn off at all...please help!!!

35

Radio screen shows "locked". Confirm removing audio fuse from panel located on lower left side of dash.