2004 Cavalier, Blinkers don't work after replacing bulbs, flasher, and switch.

Asked by Jul 27, 2015 at 02:08 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Base

I have a 2004 Cavalier. The blinkers are not working. I have replaced the bulbs, flasher, and switch on the steering column and still nothing. When turning on the parking lights/headlights everything comes on like it should. When engaging the blinkers or flashers I get no response. All lights remain on as if I have done nothing. Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.

Did not read where you checked the fuses.

You are right firebird, I did not add that to my initial question but yes I did check the fuses. There isn't a fuse labeled just for the turn signal. If there is I am not seeing it. There is one marked turn b/u which I'm assuming is the turn signals and back up lights. I checked that, I even checked all the other fuses in the panel on the drivers side of the dash. Although the fuses appeared to be OK I swapped them out anyways. I checked in the small panel under the hood and there is nothing there labeled for turn signals.

Figured you did but had to ask. If you do not have a owners manual you can Google owners manual for the year, make and model of your vehicle and it should break it down for you the full meaning of the fuses and there location.

Thanks again. I just remembered a few minutes ago I had a Haynes manual for the car and looked up the wiring diagram. Although that didn't help it dedicated recommend checking the plug ends for loose connections and one of the pin outs at the flasher was loose. I recrimped it and it's working.

Well I am glad I could put you on the right track.