Where is the flasher or relay located

5,560

Asked by Dec 27, 2012 at 04:07 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier

I have all ready replaced the blinker switch and bulbs and the relay under the hood and have checked all fuses. Have been told that ther is only one flasher for 4 ways and blinkers by a couple of places. But have all so been told that the 4 ways and blinkers are on seperate relays or flasher the 4 ways work and so do all the other lights. I did replace the 4 ways flasher. But can not locate where the flasher for the blinkers is at. Does any body have any idea of where it could be located?

look up under the dash above the gas pedal, it should be strapped in some way to the steering column.

5,560

I have checked the steering column and did not see any thing there even ran my hand all around it and could not feel any thing there This thing really has me confused on its where abouts or location

95,085

You may not have a flasher. The 99-05 Pontiac Grand Ams don't have one - it is part of the hazard warning switch. Turn signal problems are usually a problem in the multi-function switch on the steering column. Go to GAOwnersClub.com to see about the switch/removal/cleaning/re-installation. I haven't had that problem but putting it back in is tricky. There's a spring for the horn (IIRC) that's easily damaged if done wrong.

2,925

turn signal flasher is behind dash on right side of steering column support

Best Answer
5,560

tenspeed I put a brand new switch in it all ready plus all new fuses and the 4 way flasher. plus replaced all the bulbs. But thak you for the suggestion on things to try

5,560

Thanks Tom. Do you know if it is the old style round flasher or a different style? Thanks for the help

2,925

im pretty sure its the old style with a dark blue wire and a purple wire coming off of it

5,560

Ok I will look for it when the car gets here. Thanks again Tom

20

LOOKING FOR THE PART NUMBER FOR A TURN SIGNAL FLASHER IN A 97 CHEVY CAVALIER

10

My daughter wash her engine off and now she has no flashers and brake lights any idea what to fix