Our 2000 toyota tacoma pick up bogs and sputters once in a while, mostly after it has been driven, parked for a short while and driven again. It's scary, you can press the excellerator and nothing happens. We have to pull over to the side of the road, it will sputters for a while, and eventually it goes again. we just had it serviced and looked at, nothing came up in the diagnosic check aside from it running a "little rich", what ever that means. All plugs and wires were changed, sensors have been checked and seem to be okay, even our mechanic is at a loss of what it could be. It doesn't happen all the time, after it was serviced it hadn't happened for like 4 weeks and we thought it was fixed but it just happened twice this weekend. The idle on the truck is also kind of iffy...we have to rev the engine alot when we start it up, it seems like if we don't do that, it will die out on us. Any answers?

Asked by Jul 09, 2012 at 05:36 PM about the 2000 Toyota Tacoma 2 Dr V6 4WD Extended Cab LB

Our 2000 toyota tacoma pick up bogs and sputters once in a while, mostly after it has been driven, parked for a short while and driven again.  It's scary, you can press the excellerator and nothing happens.  We have to pull over to the side of the road, it will sputters for a while, and eventually it goes again. we just had it serviced and looked at, nothing came up in the diagnosic check aside from it running a "little rich", what ever that means.  All plugs and wires were changed, sensors have been checked and seem to be okay, even our mechanic is at a loss of what it could be. It doesn't happen all the time, after it was serviced it hadn't happened for like 4 weeks and we thought it was fixed but it just happened twice this weekend.  The idle on the truck is also kind of iffy...we have to rev the engine alot when we start it up, it seems like if we don't do that, it will die out on us. Any answers?

525

HI Get the exhaust cat., converter check .If it starting to get plug up it will run rich n it can b a parsley block fuel filter.or the air idler switch on the side of the throttle body it helps to keep the engine at idle. Good luck

Clean your throttle body both ports with throttle body cleaner. You have to open the throttle valve open then spray inside real good. This is after you take off the air box line. There is also cleaning the mass air sensor with mass air sensor cleaner, do not use anything else. Hope that helps.