My Toyota Rav4 will not run after doing quite a bit of repair on it, what else can i do to get it fixed?

50

Asked by Jul 27, 2014 at 01:05 PM about the 2001 Toyota RAV4 Base 4WD

the crank sensor and cam sensor has been replaced, got a new ecm, its in time......what else could it be? it will crank a couple times and act like it will start but it wont! What more do we need to do????????? We need the vehicle running cause we have kids to take care of and somethin needs to be done fast and here soon!!!!!

Let's go to the very fundamentals..fuel and spark. Get a helper and one of you crank it while one sprays (just a little, not too much) starting fluid in to the intake, you can take the air filter out (preferably) or spray right through it and see if it runs for a few seconds. If so, it has a fuel rail with a fuel pressure test valve. Buy/rent/borrow a gauge and check fuel pressure. OK. No fuel pressure? Fuel pump, clogged filter maybe. If it does not run at all, ok, you have a new ecm...maybe the security system? The key and ecm are not communicating? Try another key? Scan for OBD codes even if CEL is not on..but you would not know that if it's not running, but sometimes there are codes stored anyway. Throwing wild guesses but just trying to help.

Please allow me do research, ok? What engine? 2.0 liter? Mileage? History you think may be relevant? The security anti-theft immobilizer disables the fuel delivery, not the ignition.

50

45psi fuel pressure spark once when you crank it stop cranking then crank again one spark then no more

50

2.o engine 170300 miles

50

forgot to mention the fuel pump dosent kick in until u crank it and stop but leave key on the vehicle lost power when puling a hill befor it stop running completly

I found out:.... Is the CEL on when you are cranking? No CEL means no power to ECM. I have a feeling you have checked fuses though.

50

yes, the fuses and relays have been checked....would there be any hidden ignition relays

Not to my knowledge. Sorry Jessy I'm running out of ideas. But still say scan OBD. Sure won't hurt

50

Would you know if the ecm has to be grounded

50

thank you

I have been looking and came up empty. Yes it has to be grounded, I found out that much but looked at dozens of wiring diagrams and can't find where...through the connector harness or what

75,205

Weak spark,or no spark,check your coil,s.

75,205

By replacing,the sensor,s that you replaced,crank and cam,have to ask sorry,was battery cable hooked up when you done this?I if so may have shorted coil, out.

75,205

And yes ecm has to be grounded,all so,another reason to check your coil.

Hey man Thanks for the input. I was feeling helpless..

Would you like to sell it?

I have a 2002 rav4 2.0l I check fuses cam and crankshaft sensors and is still with no spark. anybody can held me? I don't know whats more can be the problem...