1992 Toyota PU 2wd will not turn over with the key. Replaced the ignition switch harness and starter relay. I can jump the starter at the relay and the truck will start. I'm stumped!

80

Asked by Jul 17, 2014 at 09:30 PM about the 1992 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

107,665

Auto or standard trans. If standard then check clutch pedal switch. If auto check neutral safety switch. I would almost bet one of these is your issue.

80

I will check for that now.

36,765

If dandyoun's suggestions aren't the issue, replace your distributor. There's a pick up coil in there that fails. I have had two Toyotas with the same issue. If you let it set for a day, it will start right up. But if you drive it for a while and shut it off, it will not start for anything until it sits for quite some time. If it's the distributor pick up coil, it doesn't matter if it's standard or auto. My truck was standard, and my car was auto. Both had the same issue.

80

The truck runs great it just won't start with ignition key. It is a standard and I found the plug for the clutch pedal un plugged but can't find the other end. I did find two wires twisted together that are different color that the plug from the clutch pedal plug. Clutch pedal plug wires are green and the other two are white with a black stripe.

107,665

Sounds like someone has already jumped it out. Make sure those twisted wires are tight. Have you checked all your fuses?

80

That was it the two wires that were twisted together. Put back the way it needed to be and all is good. Thank you guys for your help.

107,665

Glad you got it.