Drain holes in a 1992 Toyota exttended cab pick up

Asked by Feb 08, 2015 at 09:54 PM about the 1992 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr SR5 4WD Extended Cab SB

It seems that whenever it rains my truck fills up with water somewhere and it is always
swooshing around. I feel like there is drain holes somewhere that are plugged up. Any

It is swooshing around but NOT inside the cab / aka / under the mat? Depending on the design of the wiper motor area, there may be clogs on each end of that and holding water inbetween. We had a 92 reg cab and I think I remember having a leak on the passenger side. I don't know if it was the door seal or something up above the dash / under the hood. If you have a liner in the bed, it could be holding water in the front of the bed. Just some ideas. Keep in touch

Could be water in the doors as well.

See it kind of sounds like it is coming from like underneath the truck.. so I'm not really sure. i do have a liner in the bed. So that makes some sense. I thought it sounded more up front though.

well.. the only thing left is either running boards or frame. And we had a huge hole in the frame near one of the back wheels. How exactly do you hear it while driving? Like when you come to a stop?

When you wash it does it do it or just if your driving in the rain?

I'm thinking it may be a clogged drain hole. Honestly I've never washed it really good. Always let the rain tame care of it. And yes I here it every time I change speed and direction.

I have had the same problem. The water is inside your Forerunner style running boards. How it gets there I do not know, but I have drilled a 1/8" hole in the lower rear area of my boards and the water drained out. No further problems except when the drilled hole get plugged with gunk.