How should I go about adding speakers to the back of the truck?

Asked by Mar 28, 2007 at 07:27 PM about the 1992 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr Deluxe 4WD Extended Cab SB

The only downfall to the old Yota is that it only came with 2 speakers factory that are in the dash. I wanna add some in the back. It has extensive compartments and stuff that are not all necessary for me. I'm wondering if anyone else has remedied this issue without taking up the whole back seat. I don't want boom. I want to be able to hear my music while I skin a fish at a nearby tree. Maybe Bose or somethin?

14,640

Hello simpleman2423-- When I have questions like yours I go to www.crutchfield.com. There is a toll-free number at that site and they have experts answering the phones. Tell them what you want and they will tell you what you need. Ask for Sparky and tell him I sent you. Good luck from Bovan.

Best Answer
375

Hey I put 4" speakers in ported boxs behind the seat of my reg cab 2wd and it did the trick for me or if you have bucket seats you should be able to put a pair of boxed 6" speakers behind those seats without to muck fuss as I did in my reg cab 4x4. If you go the 4" route get good quality speakers otherwise they won't really be very loud. mine are good quality and they sound like a 6" out of a box