1991 Toyota (22RE) was running fine except the radiator started a small leak on the lower hub. We changed the hose, it leaked, we added radiator stop leak and it helped. Popped the radiator cap to check fluid and engine hadn't cooled enough so fluid spewed everywhere. The engine started surging, and overheating. Any ideas of what could be wrong? Thank you for any constructive responses. Twilsoninak@gmail.com

Asked by Dec 10, 2012 at 05:56 PM about the 1991 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr Deluxe 4WD Extended Cab SB

115

possibly thermostat

265

Sounds like you have an air bubble in the system now ! While the engine is cold , take the rad cap off , turn the heat on full hot and start the engine til it heats up enough to open the thermostat ! If at all possible , raise the front of the truck up too so all the air will work it's way to the rad !!