Fuel systems most likely

Asked by Apr 16, 2007 at 11:07 PM about the 1991 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr Deluxe 4WD Extended Cab SB

I drove out of my drive the other day and began down the road I slowed down for a car about four blocks down the road and when i pressed on the gas again the truck spuddered over and over and eventually stalled.  It will start up just fine but as soon as i put it in gear and start going it spudders and stalls.  I have replaced the fuel assembly unit about six months ago and just before winter had a new fuel filter put on.  Any suggestions to what it may be?

16,030

Hello jjdougla -- The problem with your 1991 Toyota truck means that you are either getting no fuel or no spark. Since you say you have just updated your fuel system, I think we should check the electrical components. Check the spark plugs, the wires,the distributor cap (is it cracked?)and rotor. If you are not up to the task, let a decent mechanic look at it. Also, be sure your air filter is not clogged and dirty. Good luck from Bovan.

5

have you fixd this problem yet?

if you have fuel pressure, the most likely cause is your air fuel meter.