No Power to fuel injectors?

5

Asked by Aug 20, 2016 at 03:59 PM about the 1989 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr Deluxe 4WD Extended Cab SB

Ok I have a 1989 Toyota pickup. I believe it has the 3vz-e, 3.0 litre v-6. The
injectors are not getting any power. Im trying to troubleshoot why? The fuel
pump is fine, there is spark at the plugs.
any help would be appreciated

94,925

Check for a blown injection fuse and for an injector trigger signal at the injectors. You should check for any codes stored in the ECM.

5

No Codes In ECM (engine control module). No blown Fuses. COR (Circuit Open Relay) ohms out fine. FPR (fuel pump relay) checks out fine; fuel pump is good. I found a short (both wires without insulation and touching) on the #1 injector. I'm thinking maybe that fried that circuit in the ECM?

5

"Check for a blown injection fuse and for an injector trigger signal at the injectors. You should check for any codes stored in the ECM." Ok toyota fuel injection one wire is hot all the time the trigger signal is on the ground side. My hot side is not hot ie. no power? how does that effect the trigger?

94,925

I'm afraid your right, feeding power back into the driver will fry it.

5

I'm thinking if i take it off and open it up, a visual inspection should show an arc on the board? (It wont look like this one)

94,925

Possibly, but it most likely won't be on top, usually a feedback with voltage will fry a connection so those will be underneath, if the board is repaired then you will have to find out what componets went with it.