Can I disconnect the P/S pump from the crank shaft and not worry about the rest of the engine

25

Asked by Oct 26, 2007 at 08:47 AM about the 1997 Toyota Paseo 2 Dr STD Coupe

13,485

If you mean, can you remove/re-route the belt driving the ps pump from crankshaft without having to worry about the rest of the engine - then yes. But why would you want to do this?

13,485

(To add to my previous post.) This would require either a different belt (if serpentine) or removing the existing belt (if belt only drives ps pump).

25

thanks My power steering is gone and i cant get to a mechanic for a couple of days so this is the only safe thing to do without burning out the pump. It seems that nothing else is connected to that area but i was wondering if (for sure) it was possible. I was just going to cut and buy a replacement belt later.