I have a 2005 Toyota Solara SLE. What can cause severe shaking(side to side) upon accelaration?

20

Asked by Jan 21, 2013 at 03:29 PM about the 2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE Convertible

I have a 2005 Toyota Solara SLE. I having problems with the front end. The car shakes/shimmies upon accelaration at approx. 40 mph. It smoothes out if you take your foot aff the accelarator but shakes whenever you accelarates. Can't drive above 45-50 mph shaking too bad.

29,835

sounds like a cv axle needs to be replaced. hard to say which side but if you take it somewhere and have it looked at they should be able to tell you which one is bad if not both.

7,245

This is a very serious and dangerous issue. get it addressed immediately!

20

have taken to a couple of places and they say axles look fine, cv boots have no tears or cracks. wheel tires and alignment are good

29,835

The boots may look fine but you cant see the insides especially when its rotating at 45 mph. Ive seen many cars with this issue and if it only does it on accel its an cv axle(s).

29,835

Most of the time i will run it at speed on a rack and see which one looks like its wobbling or looks abnormal. You cant tell by just looking at them stationary

7,245

I second what the other user stated above. Get this addressed immediately,

106,475

Has the mechanic taken it for a test drive? Have the mechanic put it up on the rack and run the engine.

20

They put up on rack and ran engine. Said they didn't see any wobble. They also said that there wasn't any clicking noise when turning. The driver side axle was replaced about 14 months ago. I've taken the car to frame shop and 2 other shops. They were at a loss for an explanation.

7,245

It might not be a front-end problem at all. It could be a loss of fuel pressure/misfire and it could just feel like a front-end problem to you.

Check eng. And tranny mounts

10

If you are driving in snow and that happens it is nothing more than excess snow packed in the wheel wells/brake calipers.

I have a 1994 Camry and when I start it the frontend idles rough and shakes when at lights. Took it to mechanic and they replaced motor mounts and checkek distrutor, spark plugs, distributor with no luck. other than that it runs fine but I still have cause of concern Any s

30

I have a 2004 Toyota Solara that does the same exact thing.. I changed out the lower control arms, the sway bar bushings, ball joint, rotors ,pads, and still shaking.. im going to loom into the axels because they are ripped . My driver side is where the wobble is coming from.. so wish me luck

10

Well everybody. change the passenger side of his Toyota as well. I don't know if you know this but the right passenger side it's a lot longer than the driver side. Therefore you would feel the shaking problem going across the whole car. So you're going to think it's coming from the driver side but once you replace the driver side and still feel it is because the passenger side is bad. And a lot of times you can't tell from the outside if the boot is not torn. So that is usually why they say once you replace one axle you should replace both.

My 06 avalon shakes on exceleration or bounces when i floor it. Pretty sure worn out struts. Usually if you see a car on the free way and u see a wheel bouncing. Its bad shocks. If i drive normal front end just wobbles. Get to freeway speed it goes away anyone know for sure on this 06 avalon