We have a 96 Camry and since getting the ac fixed we have had a serious issue with the back floor boards Flooding. Where is the drain hose for the ac?

60

Asked by Aug 17, 2014 at 06:48 PM about the 1996 Toyota Camry LE

124,115

Climb under car and look along firewall right under the dash. You will find an open ended hose there. Blow it out with compressed air to free the clog in hose.

60

Thanks I will try that.

124,115

That car kind of low so make sure parking brake is set and that car has had time to cool off. Hot exhaust under there and don't want you to get burnt.

60

My fiance backed it onto ramps earlier and looked to make sure the body plugs were still in tack and they are. Would we need to look on the passenger side underneath?

124,115

Yes. Most times it's on passenger side. But normally not back floor boards that get wet from stopped up drain hose. Normally it's the front ones. You might have something else going on.

60

Ok would you know what else would cause this kind of issue?

124,115

Has it rained there lately? Do you have sun or moon roof? If so drains for it may be stopped up causing back floor boards to get wet. Also seeing other camery owners with back window seals leaking.

60

It has rained here a lot lately but there is no sunroof and back window shows no signs of leaking. We were out and about today and I stayed in the car at a stop and while the car was running and ac was on thats when it seemed to be the worst. There was actual standing water in both back floor boards.

Has it rained any amount wherever you are before this happens?

OK beat me. What about in trunk? Lift up spare tire cover and look in well under tire

124,115

I feel you have a window seal leaking some where.

60

FordNut 3, we live in Florida and it has been raining a lot lately. We juat got this car a few weeks ago and up until the last week no issues with water. I will check the trunk under pare tire as soon as he gets back.. Thanks a lot y'all have been very helpful. Normally my fiance has trucks and can fix anything bit is kinda lost with a foreign car..

124,115

Karrie tell him that they are about the same just smaller. Lol. Might take some hunting on yals part but you will figure it out. I in lower Alabama and seems we going to be wet the next couple of days.

A window seal in an 18 year old car can leak without visible evidence. Except the evidence of the water of course, i'e. agree with dandyoun

Where I live this is day 99 with no rain.

124,115

Oh got to hate that. Light rain on and off all day today almost. Want me to blow it over your way fordnut? Can catch some in a bucket and mail to you if you like. You know I just kidding. Maybe you will get some soon my friend.

60

I talked to him and he is going to do a overhaul on this old bird this weekend, but until then we will just give the shop vac a workout getting all the water out. Thanks a lot guys yall have been a huge help. We have had so much rain we almost need a boat to get from the front door to the car. Lol He cussed and fussed crawling under the darn car earlier, he isnt used to it yet..

124,115

Lol. Hope you find it soon so he can stay off the wet ground. Let us know if we can be of more help in the future. Drive safe.

60

Thank and same to you both..