Not getting power to ac compressor from ac control module

Asked by Aug 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM about the 1996 Toyota Camry LE

I have check for power to all ac switches 'relays low and high cut out switch and all work
up till you get to the ac control module . When you push the power switch power gose to
the module but no power comes out on the wire that goes to the relay that powers the
compressor I replaced the control module and still no power .I can by pass the curcit
through the control module and make the compressor come on.

123,995

Check your low pressure switch. Can unplug it and place jumper in wire harness. If compressor then comes on check freon pressure for proper charge if that's ok replace switch. Would not advice running it with jumper installed other than just for testing purposes.

160

Good answer ......jump the low pressure switch!!!!

Thanks but thats not it I fixed it .It was not getting a ground from the ecu to the ac control module . When you push the ac power on it sends a power signal to the control module. The module sends a power signal to the ecu and the ecu sends a ground back to the control module to ground the ac compressor relay then the relay sends power to the compressor.The pressure switches are wired in to the ecu to kill power to the system . I have fixed alot of electrical problems but the way this system is wired it just about kick my butt I had to sit and think hard on this one.

123,995

Glad you got it. Thanks for the added info on what you found.

30

I think I have the same problem. How did you fixed it? Replace ECU?

160

That is what I did and it fixed it. If you do get one from a salvage yard make sure you get one that came out of a car with AC because I had got one at first without AC and it made me think I was going crazy and did not know what I was doing. Just a little more help. Hope you get it fix. This all started when I replaced the ECU for a engine stall when it got hot and would not start The customer had bought the part when I told him what was wrong with the no start problem. The ECU was only one number off and it made the car crank and run with no problem but he did not try the AC for a couple of days and that's when I figure out that the ECU was the problem with the AC..

3,815

Compressor relay rh lower kick panel replace.clutch relay big problem With toyota

100

i get power to my relay box in my engine room but it does not power my cable to the compressor what should i do

20

high pressure switch and ac magnetic compressor relay check and , you can check measure ac relay holding coil voltage

Check the ecu ground, missing somewhere, correct it.pressure control module need it to be function right.

maybe a place to look,no voltage to comp clutch,2004 chevy pick up

Walang power ang switch ok naman ang fuse maari bang sira ang switch ng ac may supply naman na ignation