how do you know if your car is in the early stage of a tune up.

Asked by Jan 15, 2007 at 03:15 PM about the 1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 Coupe

Dear car guras the problem i'm having is minor.I hope!But anyway it's not missing or hesitating but someyimes on a take off it's not strong .It feels like something's holding back the power.But someother time's when i take off it's nice and strong like it's suppose to be with a strong swift take off leaving other car's in the dust.And added to the problem if i pull up to a store or something and cut off the car and start it back up now usually it only takes one quick turn to start but since this problem it may take two or three start's and once i get it started it sometimes cut back off then i have to pump the gas a couple of times then it starts .But i think it's a tune up problem or a fuel injection problem because i purchased the car a month ago and he may of said it was tuned up i don't remember but other than that it runs fine except the holding back take off .Please help me get to the bottom so i won't get had by a mechanic.Thank you harry Mckinzie.mocha_teddybear@comcast.net

22,310

Hey petey. The problem is that there are a number of possible sources of your problems including ignition, compression, fuel injection, fuel feed. My wild, out-of-left-field, no basis guess based on what you have given me here is that it's a fuel issue, most likely the fuel pump or fuel filter. But you really can't depend on that guess. There are some good mechanics out there who will be honest with you and with a problem like this you need to find one. Ask your friends, ask the guy at your local parts place for a mechanic referral. You need professional help here. Good luck petey!