Rear passenger side window not functioning properly

Asked by Oct 23, 2014 at 02:01 PM about the 1993 Toyota Camry LE

The rear passenger side window on my 93 Camry Sedan got stuck in the down
position (it has electric windows).  So, I ordered a new motor and installed that.  Now,
the new motor only works in the down position.  All of the other windows on the car
operate well.  I thought maybe it was the switch at first, but both the driver's control
and the control located on that door only activate the motor in the down position.

Any thoughts on what would cause a window motor to only work in one direction?  
Fuses all look ok.

**Edit** I should have said "driver's side" and not "passenger" side window in the rear that is not functioning. Not sure that matters.

Motor is polarized to run in two directions, may have just missed hooking up a wire if it has power there, ground good and different switches don't work. That's all that's left

Then again it has a single plug, but two wires and grounded to door..Hmmmm did you buy used?

and the motor does not run..or runs but not put glass up?

Hi FordNut, I bought it new, so I would hope that it would work. I ran the motor without it even being hooked up to the glass. I wanted to test it to make it would work before I put everything back together...and unfortunately the motor only moves when the switch is held in the down position.

OK..been looking, didn't forget you. Try as I might can't find Camry, but this is Toyota...

Best Answer

that will go full screen

I may have stepped in to something here, it's getting too complicated with that I think we should stick to fundamentals before all that..

but here is a generic power window trouble-shooting page:

Thanks a bunch, FordNut, for supplying that. I had a feeling it is probably a power problem or a switch that needs to be replaced. For the time being (and maybe permanently) I switched the up and down cables on the pulley that the motor turns...that way I can get the window back up and keep it up (by pressing the "down" button on the switch). It's a 21 year old car and the engine still runs pretty good. So, if I can't put one of the backseat windows down then I'm not overly concerned. Thanks for all of your help though!

That was good thinking..closed, winter coming. Better than a hole in the door....and you're very welcome ..for what little I did