what should it cost to repair a rear axle seal?

Asked by Aug 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM about the 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4 Dr JLX 4WD SUV

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairguides/Suzuki-Vitara-Grand-Vitara- XL7-2000-06/Rear-Axle/Axle-Shaft-Bearing-Seal/_/P-0996b43f8037c4c7

looks like a 6-8 hour job at your shop rate~ plus seal and any parts also needed...differential fluid...etc~

Whoa, Judge, I had a post up but we are so far apart I took it down, maybe I don't understand exactly what seal this man is talking about

Ants H25...take a look at the auto zone instructions...looks to me like at least a couple of hours job...I went 6-8 just to be on the safe side...perhaps a pro who does this everyday there are two of them output shafts...think that's what he's on about....but HOW in the woild would he know? drippin? trippin?

this is a specific part and granted has a reputation for cheeeeep, NOT Toyota specifications----don't know that this leakage would have occurred with superior Engineering....serviced many SuiCidekicks and they always came out unable to fix without replacing the cat~

....wish I could have faith in these creatures, they again started out makin' cycles and perhaps should have stayed at the thing they are good at (crotch rockets)~

the expert is valid---non expert...not....here's what No.1 says~"The seal itself cost is about $15 and according to: http://www.automd.com/repaircost/ ...time is 1.5 hours,(one side) so doing the math, if you can find a mechanic @$75 hour you're lookin' at $165" see the guy knows what he's talkin' about...the judge....he's a hack~

Well. ....obviously you saw what I had up.... that's it verbatim but lack of confidence and insecurity compelled me to remove it. Must be ants. This morning when I got up and made Coffee there were about 8 million of those little bastards all over the kitchen counter, a regular freeway, going both directions, oh so well organized in their endeavors to bring food back to the nest. One douse of Raid ruined their day.

Grants does not kill ants....they will make fun of you....is it those pesky South American TINY little guys that EAT MEAT (as witnessed by a dabble of cat food and subsequent ant-circle jerk) surrounding that~ don't have RAID but Claudia always wants to save and return to the outside...everything spiders, moths in a most tibetan fashion....but when getting stung by the meat-eating hornets the only recourse was to dump a gallon of 2-stroke [what I had] from the advise of JR (the cowboy) on their home (the stump) while they slept...never to bee seen again~

the stump (which later was the home for hornets) was an attempt to do some "chainsaw" art...in the shape of a cat...is our second 50x100 lot and home for the Toyota pickup (which still works perfect, but looks like hell)~