How do I leave a review for a dealer with no reviews yet?

Asked by May 20, 2015 at 10:16 AM about the 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Wagon

I bought a car from a dealer on this website and want to leave a review but cannot figure it out.

5,855

hmm.. I'm not sure. I searched for a used car and found a listing with what looked like dealer marketing. There is one review on that page but no "write a review" or rating, etc. If you've done business with them, there may be a button inside of the transaction area or you may need to click "contact us" at the bottom right of your screen and follow the cues to request help from actual CG staff. Best regards,

15,685

You say that you actually purchased the car from a dealer on this website? Well, I'm sure that you have their phone number. Call and advise them that you are having trouble posting your review. I'm sure that they want that up quickly and will help you. I imagine you are pleased with your purchase?

5,855

haha.. if "laka" is not happy, I'm sure the dealer will be THRILLED to help out Mark ;)

10

the car I bought lasted a week. Had a spun rod among other problems. It had been doped up to cover the problems. I put less than 60 miles on it before dumping it. I really doubt that the dealer will give me the opportunity to give them a review. It appears no one has had the pleasure of reviewing them.

5,855

Did this dealer offer any sort of warranty? I honestly don't deal with dealers small or big and I don't have the know how or legality advice to offer. I hope someone comes by soon to help you out.

10

I just wanted to let the public know about this dealership. I've written it off as a loss...buyer beware.

15,685

Was this a "used car" dealership? I'm sorry for your loss and would have advised you to always purchase a used car from "new car" dealership. New car dealerships have a reputation to protect and cannot afford to jeopardize their position in the community or they'll go out of business, while a "fly by night " operation will set up shop, get some short term business and skate out of town. Wow, 60 miles and the car broke down?? So, the engine through a rod ? I'm sure that this is a little late in asking, but, did you ever consider taking this particular car to your mechanic for an inspection? If you ever consider a car in the future and ask them permission to take the car for an inspection and they hesitate for even a second, walk away! People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing! Unfortunately, in the case of selling, it's a buyer's beware world and I doubt you have any recourse unless they gave you a warranty. Even though, if I were you I would definitely recommend that you call your local bar association in your area and see if they could refer you to an attorney who you could speak with. They usually give free consultations and their may be some implied warranty since you purchased this one week ago. Don't wait, time is not on your side, you have to jump on this immediately. You mentioned that you already "dumped " the car? How did you do that? Did you sell it for parts?

15,685

One additional point, be extremely careful whenever you purchase a vehicle in "as is " condition. I read that you are assuming all the risk in these circumstances and that goes for purchasing from a private party seller as well. Always ask to see records on the car or take the car to your mechanic for a complete inspection. Its just not worth saving a couple of dollars on such a major investment. Plus, do you really want to break down on the road?

10

I took it to a subaru dealer and traded it in on a new car. thanks for your response. It's the first time something like this has happened to us so maybe I should consider myself lucky since I'm not young. Your advice is sound and appreciated. Bob

15,685

Bob, that's great. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Did you purchase a new Subaru Outback and what features did you get? Best of luck with your new car.

15,685

Bob, you never said how much you paid for that old 2005 Outback, so, hopefully, you're not out that much money. Sometimes, deals that sound "too good to be true " usually are. Maybe this was one of those times?

10

The car only had 72000 miles on it but it wasn't a steal by any means ($9500). So yes, it hurt! These guys know how to play the system. What bothers me the most is that I have no way to get the word out and I'm sure I'm not the only one that's gotten burned by them. Off Lease is the name of the dealer. I would imagine they'll work this area till they're run out of suckers and then move on.

5,855

Go to Google and search for them.. it seems to be a chain of dealers (in Florida?) so you'll have to find the specific one and leave the review on Google if you'd like. Just a thought.

15,685

Wow, I guess that the lure of this low mileage "cream puff ", turned out to be a neglected car. You cannot always rely on the mileage on the clock to tell you precisely what the condition of the car is in. Again, its better to purchase a used car from a "new car dealership "! So, did you purchase a brand new Subaru Outback?

15,685

Bob, is this the dealer? http://www.offleaseonly.com/

15,685

The link I posted said that they had a 30 day return policy? Probably not them, but, there's so many choices. Pick a new car dealership who have been in the community for 20 years or more. They cannot afford to damage their reputation or they won't be able to get new clients.

15,685

The problem with a company that calls themselves "Off Lease " is that it gives the buyer the impression that these cars were all "lease returns " from someone who just turned their cars in. You really don't know where these cars came from and therein lies the problem. They could have just been auctioned off the block? Of course everyone is looking for a "bargain ", but, in the case of cars, you don't always get what you pay for. So, it's always best to be extremely careful.

10

No, not the same. And yes, we purchased a new Forrester.

15,685

Did you get the new CVT Lineartronic transmission with that?