I have an 06 Chevy Cobalt .

Asked by Jan 10, 2014 at 02:15 AM about the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS

I have a 06 Chevy Cobalt and it started sputtering the other day all of a sudden. We changed the oil and that didn't help. put in new spark plugs that helped some but not much. A new engine was put in a year and a half ago. When the oil was changed they said the fuel filter was rusty could that be the problem. I hate to just keep guessing and putting out money.

22,425

Who put in the engine? Did they know what they were doing? Was it a "New" engine or just a used engine- if someone you don't know put in a used engine, then it is a mystery- what IS your car, really? Stop guessing, and putting out money- you must find out what you have- and my best advice is to never buy mystery cars-

3,935

If you're not able to troubleshoot it yourself which it appears you can't then take it to a mechanic who can. You're absolutely right, simply throwing parts at it and hoping the problem will suddenly be fixed is pointless unless you have unlimited amounts of time and money and can live with the aggravation of a car that doesn't run properly.