06 cobalt ss supercharged

Asked by Nov 15, 2013 at 02:48 AM about the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged

so on the way to work my 06 cobalt ss sc started to rattle noise came from around the air intake I got on the off ramp down shifted and when I went to push gas there was nothing I pulled into gas station thank god. and tried to start it up it turned over idle was weird and it rattled and stalled out again... continues to do this any thoughts?

Some or other moving component was overtightened and has cracked...only you cannot see the crack, only hear it~

that would cause the idle to be up and down and then stall?

3,775

I would not drive it another inch. Mine did the same thing and then suddenly everything locked up. I changed the engine (verrrrry expensive) and haven't had time to open the old one up, but I suspect a failed timing chain. The 2.0 LSJ which is what you have does have that issue from time to time. Otherwise its an awesome engine. Fix it before you wreck the engine. They are hard to find if you need another one. Oh, and did I mention expensive?