my car won't start or turn over but my battery is good

Asked by May 05, 2012 at 06:50 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

i have an 07 pontiac grand prix and it will not turn over or anything. The battery is brand new. my car lot killed the battery using the kill switch about a month ago and i ended up having to replace the battery but now this. is this the ignition switch or my starter that is bad?

237,715

Check all your connections. The cables going to your battery, the ones to the coil, and all ground wires. There might be some corrosion or something is loose. It could be a bad iginition switch, and or starter or the wire connections. Your going to have start poking around or have somone who can for you.

80

My grand prix is a 2008.0when I try to crank the car the I hear a clicking, and then the horn starts blowing. The car will not turn over as well.

4,575

To Marchelle: With the key in the "on" position, are you seeing dashboard lights, and does the horn work? If no, you have no power to the key, and the problem is probably between the battery and the fuse block. If you have power at the key, the problem can be your security system, a bad ignition switch, a bad steering column harness, or any number of other items. It will need to be traced by a qualified tech. Good luck!