so....WOW am I having trouble! 2004 Grand Prix

Asked by Oct 07, 2013 at 11:49 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

It all started with a low oil pressure light. Then ABS, TC and and service brakes. Then
charging system failure, dancing gauges, low engine power and engine will randomly shut
off (only twice so far). Now....turn signals blink randomly and air bag light comes on. All
this in a one week span. I am still driving it, thinking it's gonna give out or catch fire! Help

Sounds like you have a main ground pathway that is bad, check and clean all of the powers and grounds, be patient as there are quite a few.

Thanks! I'll try it.....Do you know of a web site that can give me location pics of these pathways?

Not one that is free, your best bet is to get a service manual that has wiring diagrams and component location in it.

This sounds like a malfunction of the BCM (body control module). The best way to check this would be to take it to a dealer with a tech2 scan tool. A technician can scan this for you and get detail info on what is happening. This is inexpensive to have this procedure done.

also, you can try removing the negative battery terminal for 10 minutes, then reconnect it. Sometimes it works to just restart the computer

Thanks for the advice! I found a local auto electric shop that is going to look at it. I will try to restart computer before I take the car there.

What did you find out with this problem? As I am having the same issue.