A/C Blower went out.....I think

135

Asked by Aug 05, 2015 at 01:02 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2

I have a 2004 Grand Prix and the A/C blower quit blowing. I know I should check the
fuses, etc, but it started to not come on and we would bump the bottom of the dash and
voila it started pumping again. Could this be the fuse, resistor, or blower?

135

May just be a connector.

4,275

Sounds like the resistor. Did you lose it one speed at a time? That's a sure sign of resistor failure.

135

No. Never really used anything but high, LOL. It's hot down here. :)

135

My connector wire has a blue battery looking thing. Common?

4,275

Are we talking about the wire to the blower motor or the connection to the resistor?

Best Answer Mark helpful
135

To the resistor. Also, one of the wires is smaller than the rest. I bought the resistor connector wires and they are all the same size. Can we still connect the small wire to the larger one? The smaller wire runs all the way up in the dash. It is the second one (B). The little blue battery looking thing is connected to A and C.

135

Hope this helps

4,275

Hmmm, this looks like some sort of home made thing put there by a previous owner. Google "heater ballast resistor" for your car and you'll get some pics of what they look like. I'm guessing the resistor failed long ago and this is someone's fix. Hopefully the wiring isn't so butchered up that you need professional help fixing it. The actual resistor (and I'm still only assuming this is your problem, I don't know for sure) is located inside the heater duct tight against the firewall inside the car on the passenger side. It's a bit of a challenge to get at and take out, but you probably can do it yourself. Find a You Tube video to guide you if you can. It will save a lot of frustration.

My A/C is making a funny ticking noise and then it stops and then starts up again every once in a while. It's a 2004 pontiac grand prix. Any clues?

76,935

Kim - That sounds like something in the fan, maybe a leaf or something. If you pull the fan out then you can clean out the debris that are causing the noise.

4,275

And it could be the fan motor itself. If you get in there and find no debris change out the fan motor. I don't think they're particularly expensive.