2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, Knock sensor replacement and now Low voltage bank 2

Asked by Jan 14, 2015 at 08:46 AM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2

I have a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. My engine light came on and I went and had the code reader attached and it said to replace knock sensor. Well we replaced BOTH of them. This did not make the light go off, I had the codes read again, and now it is saying " Low Voltage Bank 2" ... Will not pass emissions. I only have 65,000 miles on my car and I am the ONLY owner. I have taken care of it, but this is really getting to me. I have searched for a wiring harness replacement, cant seem to find one or there is no such part. Any suggestions?

You can write down your codes and google them. You can research possible causes at enginecodes . com You can look up the pinpoint tests and perform them. You can consult your GM dealer before investing in your findings. Research for recalls and TSB's can be sought in an automotive database, this can tell you if updates or corrections are in order for your vin, recalls, service bulletins, code check, determine hard faults, pinpoint tests and diagnosis. In that order.

What is the exact code?

Wiring harness repairs may be specific to the connector at fault. They are a dealer item most likely and quite expensive when the repair kit and the ends can be found by the dealer. I suggest continuing the diag the way it is laid out and determine what the results of the testing are. Sounds odd the reader would tell you to replace something. More like a code, and then a definition. This is designed to indicate tests. Low voltage bank 2 indicates a condition, but about what ? any sensor can be powered and a return signal is expected, but We need the rest of the info. Your dealer may be able to tell you what is what in the service drive in a few minutes because they deal with GM cars all day. You can establish a rapport, get your recalls done and have your info in their computer. compare service prices while you are there. when I worked in dealers we always did more correct and complete servicing for less than the lube bubes.

Shawna Stewart

I am having same problem knock sensor code! I found the one behind motor but where is the second? I have 04 GT as well...GM has ur harness and u can order it threw advanced auto or auto zone they will ship it

Shawna Stewart

also crankshaft position sensor circuit was a code P0336 I am having trouble with my ABS kicking on when I hit my brake...it started last week. no ABS light or TC light comes on. would knock sensor or crank sensor have anything to do with ABS....HELP!!!