I have 2002 grand prix se.with a 3.1

Asked by Nov 25, 2014 at 04:38 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE

I have lost all power it sounds great and will start everytime.when I try do drive it it has no power I change the fuel filter and no luck.can anyone please help or give me an idea..

65,565

If it idle,s good,i think your fuel pump may be bad,check the fuel pressure to confirm this.

ok thanks

3,915

A plugged catalytic converter in your exhaust system could also be the problem. Also check for codes. That will likely give you some direction.

I put a new maf and tpc and still no luck..i don't have any power..it sounds fine and starts everytime..any ideas?

3,915

Why are you changing parts when you don't know what the problem is? Spend the money on some diagnostics and then fix what's actually wrong with the car. There are undoubtedly some codes showing which will give you some direction.

i just went by what people have told mei haven't got money to buy all the diagnostics tools and I cant drive it to a garage to have it check.im just trying to do the best that I can.with what I got.

3,915

I understand, and I'm not trying to be critical. I know how disheartening it is to spend what little money you do have on parts that don't fix the problem. Try to find someone with a scan tool who can maybe give you a hand with diagnosing this either for free or for just a few dollars. Modern cars are tough to sort out and you can spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on the wrong parts if you do't know what you're doing. Unfortunately there are lots of people with half baked ideas both in real life and here online who can quickly lead you astray no matter how well intentioned they are. Take that sort of advice with a grain of salt and do further research first before investing our hard earned money. Good luck with your car.