tachometer

Asked by Feb 27, 2015 at 10:54 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

tachometer quit working. Car still runs great so not sure if its CPS. What else controls the tach.

Could be the motor on it is busted. Or stuck! Mine is broken on my chevy Avalanche. You might be able to get that part of your instrument panel fixed. But worst case scenario is what I have to do. Take it to your local Chevy dealer and have the whole instrument cluster replaced.

64,395

There is and rpm sensor,on the block,check it first before tearing your dash out.

4,685

Could be many things. Loose or broken wire, bad tach guage, bad dash panel PC board, fuse, or several other things. To fix it you need to determine if the rpm sensor (TST suggestion) is functioning and then move through the outbound circuit to see where you loose the signal but do the easy things first like the fuse on that circuit.