Follow up on my grand prix

20

Asked by Nov 08, 2013 at 09:28 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

< For the past 2 days My car has stalled while being driven( Nov. 7&8),, twice going through an intersection,, I cleaned theAir Idle control Solenoid and re-installed it,, The rpms are a tad low at 750rpm but the engine still make the rpm fluctuates.. I have one relayIs not connected its behind the glove box just above,, If it was connected the rear window defogger won't come on,, Is it possable this relay has anything to do with the engine,, It was running for weeks before I encountered the stalling,, 2 question could a dirty fuel filter be the real problem for the stalling?

115,035

With car idling turn steering wheel to left and then right. As you turn the steering the iac should idle the car up. Also what does it idle at with ac on? (Should idle up). If no change in idle with either of these test I would suspect a bad iac.

I'd say look for a vacuum leak with a can of brake cleaner see when the speed of the idle is affected~ switch out those chewing gum and coal-tar hoses with silicone ones that are more or less permanent and not affected by oil or UV~

20

,, I did turn the steering wheel from lft to right,, the rpm actualy went lower,, not higher,, checked the Vacuum lines with brake cleaner while the engine was running,, No change in the rpm,, I did replace the Air Idle control solenoid,,