2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT ETS Not working. Any Ideas?

20

Asked by Aug 25, 2010 at 10:37 AM about the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT

The ETS dash light comes on when I turn on the ignition switch and then goes off as it should. However, when I press the ETS button the ETS light does not come on. Help

115

take off the center plate, and unplug it and plug it back in. might be a bad connection, pontiacs are good for that..

20

Thanks I'll try that.

20

When I push the ETS button there is no resistance or noise, unlike when pressing the emergency flasher button does yours do this could it be a bad switch?

115

mine doesnt, it may be a fuse somewhere, or something

20

Thanks again I'll keep looking.

yes i would totally slowly pull off the dash face check the button/switch operation then follow the wires. look for nething out of place rubbed on or against, pulled out of socket you get the idea, then start testing wires if the fuses look good. hope we all gave some insite. ken

20

Thanks for the insite.What I do need to know is when you push in the ETS button is there any friction, or noise like a clicking sound the same noise as the emergency flasher makes. Mine makes no noise and there is no friction that is why i'm thinking it may be a bad switch. thanks again.

9,775

yes, there should be resistance and a click when you push it- the button is actually to shut it off, which you should only do if you are stuck and want to rock it out. the switch should probably be replaced.

325

The switch is probably bad. I would make sure to check connections. corrosion on wires is removed and grounds are checked.