I have a 2003 grand am gt 3.4 just put a new engine in it ans it will never start first try and sometimes it wont start at all for about an hour I have changed the crank and cam sensors idle air controlled tps maf map ignition modual all three coils plugs and wires new computer and bcm IV pulled the relay for the AC I have 55psi fuel pressure and its not leaking off at all new fuel injectors and fuel pressure regulator I'm about ready to burn this car please help!!!!

Asked by May 27, 2013 at 06:18 AM about the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT Coupe

You need to be more specific. Will it crank, but not start? No cranking at all? Do you have spark, fuel when this happens?

it will. crank over it sparks good and blue fuel pump is working but when it wont start I can pull the plugs and they will be compleatly dry

Check for pulse at the injectors with a noid light when it wont start. Could be an ignition switch or VATS issue.

it has no pulse at all to the injectors the key is realty lose in the ignition I have to realty rifle with it to get it to turn could that be an isue?

absolutely. I would try replacing the lock cylinder and ignition switch.

how do you replase it and will it mess with my security when I do it

google the procedure. its been covered a thousand times.

ok I went out there and now I can't get it to not start one first crank it will start for just a second then die and the security light stays on the second time I crank it the light goes off and it fires right up and runs like a dream could that be the switch also?

it never fails its always the second crank to

ok I changed the switch and no difference :(

The passlock module in the switch is probably why it won't start when it goes bad it shuts down fuel system

Take and turn the switch on and off 3 times the third time leave it on if the security light starts blinking its in bypass mode it takes about 10 to 15 minutes to complete when the security light quits blinking turn switch to off position turn it back on and crank it if it starts its passlock module in switch