Cv axel

50

Asked by Jul 11, 2016 at 05:37 AM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT

OK so I replaced my cv axel in my 2002 poniac
grand am gt and when I make a right turn it still a
click click click what else do I need to check this is
starting to get pricey

96,655

If you replaced both axles then one is defective. If you only replaced 1 axle then it is possible that you replaced the wrong one or both are bad and you replaced the loudest one.

72,115

As tennisshoes is saying, sound can be elusive, like I replaced front right wheel bear in my car when it actually ended up being the left side. Sounded like it was coming from the right side when it was the left side.

50

I replaced both sides there both brand new now I'm told it could be the piece that's in the transmission I'm not sure

96,655

It is possible that it chipped a tooth in the spyder gears but I have never seen it. Usually the click click click is a cv joint.

72,115

When installing the front axles make sure they where pushed and locked into the transmission via the retaining ring. One other thing that had happened to me was when I put the wheel back on and tightening the lug nuts, my wheel weights that are the inside of the rim where hitting the break caliper, causing a ticking noise. When I took the wheel off you could see a groove worn into the wheel weights. I just rotated the wheel to a different location on the studs, which took care of the interference. So my lug nut pattern must not be centered to the inside of the rim, or it did not center up when I tightened the lug nuts the first time.