turn signals don't work

Asked by Sep 22, 2013 at 05:56 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT

turn signals don't work

40

If the bulbs didnt blow out Try the relay or fuses for it

525

most common is the switch. the two levers on the column. remove the 3 screws under the 2 piece clam shell cover. gently pry 2 halves apart closest to steering wheel, slide top half towards you while holding apart. now remove the 2 screws in the top of lever assembly, unhook wire harnesses and replace. installation is reverse of removal. Hope this helps! Good luck and good day! :)

60

Even more common is the hazard light flasher. You can test this when your signals aren't working by pushing the hazard light switch so it turns on and then turn it off. Your blinkers should work after that if this is the problem. It will not fix the problem and your blinkers will go out again later, but it lets you know that it is the flasher. Happened to me and I am replacing it with a new one today! Got the part on line for $17.05 including the shipping from eBay. I think you can find a video on how to replace the flasher including removing the panel on a Grand Am on you tube.

I was driving my Toyota sedan and the signals stopped working. I was in busy DC highway traffic and would soon be in DC.downtown traffic. I decided to use a hand signal and also turn on my hazards to warn other drivers that I was twitching lanes. After using this method twice, I forgot and used my signals again. They worked, but until I read these texts, I did not know why. Thanks.