turn signals do not work

40

Asked by Sep 26, 2013 at 09:57 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am

the turn signals do not work but the emergency hazard does? we have checked the fuses
but not sure where to go from here..please help

6,150

had the same problem with a 1998 cavalier. replaced all the flasher i could see and locate pluse the lights/turn signal switch and found out later there was a another flasher up on the stearing colum under the dask took awhile to find it. but that was the problem all along

7,255

try wiggling the turn signal switch around , since the hazards are a button rather than in the turn signal/wiper switch...aka multifunction switch. Would say there is a problem with the switch.

40

we replaced the multifunction switch, but that didn't solve the problem. Now what should we check? HELP

6,150

There has to be another flasher some wheres. Like i said mine was hid way up under the dash. It was not actually on the steering colum it was on a bracket beside it. Took me along time to find it. Mine had 2 flashers in the fuse box so thats what confused me. Finally found the other one about a mounth later. I wasted alot of money for a $1.50 cent part

30

I have a 2002 Grand Am.My light switch and wiper switch dont light up at night.So i cant see where park,auto,lights etc.Can this be a fuse blown causing them not to light up?

@mark, yes we have a 2002 pontiac grand am gt 2DR 6cylinder. Our dash lights went out and I went to orileys bout a size 15 fuse and the dash lights came on you have to make sure it's not set to auto if you're fixing during the day but it fixed it right away. As too the question at hand if there are any solutions to the blinker going out I would really appreciate it. Our blinkers work but they will stop working randomly and we have to turn on the hazard lights to get it to work. Also there is a clicking noise that clicks constantly. I was told I need to take the turn and wiper switch off unscrew the turn switch side and get in there with a cutip and clean all of that gunk away I haven't tried it yet but I will post if it worked or not as well as me replacing the hazard and blinker flashers above the radio. It's about a $25.00 fix but we were told at orileys that it is recalled and that we should talk with gm about getting it replaced. I hope I helped.