Where is computer located on gran am 2001

Asked by Dec 14, 2013 at 05:56 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT Coupe

Where is computer located gran am 2001

1,975

It is located under driver dash,left of steering column. you will need to remove the panneling by your knees. are you considering switching this computer?

1,975

if you do swap your computer you will need to reset the security passlock system. if you don't your car will start but shut down right away here is the procedure for resetting the passlock system :) Put key in the ignition and leave it in 'On' position for about ten minutes. Then turn it off, and try - it should start then. Warning: continued resetting of the computer this way will eventually damage computer and will cost lots to replace/fix. if you are doing this because of the greatly known pass lock problem : You go to start your car, and the engine cranks, but it seems like your out of gas, and won't start. Numbers of people then have the car towed to a shop, only to find that the car easily starts after being towed, but no cause is ever found. The problem is that the RKE (remote keyless entry) system has a defect in it that causes car not to start. As of now there is no recall on the passlock systems. As for a fix, the experts are honestly not sure. but a temp fix is to reset the passlock as shown above.

The problem with thar is car wont start and battery has to b connected to relearn. New ignition

How can i turn on key when its cranking without key in ignition when i hook up the batter just cranks. No matter what. When battery is connect