I would like to get and Elect.digram 1999 Grand am. I want to fix it my self/cooling fans I mean

Asked by Jan 05, 2014 at 12:38 AM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am 4 Dr SE Sedan

cooling fans quit working , dash lights work but none of the gauges worked at all ck the fan motors they work but have no power to them.some times they would come on but not any more pooh . what to do ?

80,325

Check the relays in the underhood fuse box. If it's like my '00 Grand Prix there's 3 fan relays. One for each fan then a third for high speed. Set the climate controls to max a/c and the blower on #1. As soon as you start the engine the fans should start. Now tap those relays with the handle end of a screwdriver. If the fans start, you've got a stuck relay. HTH. -Jim

I like the cars but some mechanic told me to het rid of it cause all they do is nickel an dime ya they seem to have bad electrical problems an if u ever get in a major accident just saying probably wont survive look up on the net on how many problems an recalls the car had my 1999 should have never been on the market cheap ass chevy threw a nice looking care together but dangerous. Safty ratings are shit. If i had the money to put into the car i would cause i love the looks but accidents aint worth a dam an i have kids id love to sue chevy for making an unsafe care like that but hook them up direct thats how i have mine so far i hope my new ones wrk better