just got my van inspected when leaving the shop it stalls out was wondering y?

Asked by Jun 12, 2015 at 09:30 AM about the 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager 4 Dr Expresso Passenger Van Extended

i think it might be the fuel filter

15

It could be a lots of things. In my case I had a few things going on. I have a 1995 Grand Voyager. One problem was the EGR valve. This gave me an engine light warning because the component that runs it, failed. The full system for that runs about $100, not including labor of course. Just for the parts. The second problem I had was the Throttle body was filthy. My mechanic cleaned it with a spray. Very easy to do. The third problem was that I had a few vacuum hoses that had holes in them, so I had those changed. Personally I think it was a combination of the EGR vavle and the throttle body. My engine was misfiring causing the car to buck and mimic problems with the transmission and then it finally kept stalling right off the start. It was not the transmission though. I have an honest mechanic so he checked all the little things it could be first before damning the tranny. Lucky for me it wasn't that. For you, I would start with the little things first. Let a mechanic check out the throttle body first. This is the cheapest and easiest thing to do. Little things can cause BIG problems. I've had no problems for at least a few months now. Is your engine light indicator on? Like the answer above, it could be a fuel filter as well, so finding an honest mechanic that can work with you is key. If you don't feel comfortable with one mechanic, get a second opinion if you can. Good luck and get back to us when you find out what's going on.