1997 Grand Voyager can you put a used PCM on ?

290

Asked by Oct 11, 2014 at 07:31 PM about the 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager 3 Dr SE Passenger Van Extended

I have a falt with # 2 injector replaced it. Keeps Faulting, mechanic really thinks the PCM is what is causing the problem ?
Does anyone KNow  why an injector would keep faulting after it was replaced ?

Thank you for your time Allen Calender

290

I also had codes 12, 27 & 55 when I did the turn key thing for the codes.

148,975

Code 12 is battery disconnected during last 50 starts, 27 is the injector problem, no power to injector. It is not getting a signal. Broken wire, short or bad PCM 55 is end of codes found. Your 1997 has OBDII, so PXXX codes would be more specific from an OBD scan

Best Answer
290

FordNut, do you know if I can use a PCM from another car ? Junkyard or e-bay. Or do I have to by a new one from Autozone ?

148,975

Another from identical car is fine. Others Plymouth's..maybe-- but to state the obvious-- finding an identical 1997 Plymouth may be difficult. And most boneyards and even new ones from auto-parts stores do not accept returns on electrical parts. Unless they sell you the wrong one, but if you try to return it because it was not the problem they may balk. Best of luck acj

148,975

Time for me to retire for the day but I will see if I can find one..check back here tomorrow, early.

290

Thank You for Your Time, it is Greatly appreciated. ajc Oh I have a bone yard Parts Galore where they are reasonable to get stuff from... I just was wondering if I could just swap one out or not...

290

When you say identical car... do you mean same year same engine 3.3 or just the same engine 3.3 but within the model 1996 to 2001 I think they are pretty much the same..... thanks

148,975

Yep, Identical is a bit strong of a word, sorry-- my bad. Similar, with same engine is more like it. Take yours with you to make sure the at least look the same and there are some I will post the link in the next box to make it easier to hyperlink. They run about $100 used, $125 refurbished (whatever that means...how can a PCM be refurbished...cleaned up?) and new $200

148,975

https://www.neatcomputers.net/1013/Plymouth-Voyager-1997-3.3L_V6_Gas-ECM_PCM

148,975

Now, when you first put it in your engine will run rough for a while...anywhere from 5 to 50 miles. That's normal, no worries. It's 'learning'

290

FordNut, Thank You for all Your Great Help. it means a lot to have an understanding of what needs to be done.......

290

I looked it up I can get one from Parts Galore for 36.20 , they say that is the price for the Electronic Brain. ? ?

148,975

Grab it. And Thank You for the compliment

290

A friend that has a meter says my # 2 injector is only pulling 8 volts & that is why it keeps showing a fault. The rest are at 12 volts like they should be. He says PCM is definitely the problem.

148,975

I agree. When I wrote 'not getting a signal'..should have read 'not getting proper signal.'

290

Well come to find out... 1990-2000 3.3 Chrysler have cross injection. That being said, when they replaced what they thought was #2 injector was really #1 injector. So now I am replacing the right injector tomorrow and we will see if all is Good.... I have never heard of the front injector controlling the back and the back injectors controlling the front ? ? ? But the one guy seen it in his book.

148,975

That I don't understand..you've gotten over my head. Now this is ignition, not injectors. But is not the #1 injector in #1 cylinder, #2 in #2 cylinder and so on..? I could not find an image of the wiring for injectors.

148,975

also this

148,975

Ahh. Okay here we go, click to size up, them you explain it to me..lol b/c I honestly don't get ALL of it..beginning to sink in though

290

So what was explained to me by McElroy's Automotive is that where the number 1 sits is on top of the number 2 cyl. The injectors from the front are for the rear cylinders. and the rear injectors are for the front... so the injector sitting on top of the number 1 cylinder is for the number 2... it is cross feeding. only 1990 to 2000 model years for 3.3 engine. Go figure ........ had me all befuddled ? ?