random misfire

70

Asked by Aug 09, 2014 at 06:19 PM about the 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport ES

i have random misfire on 3 / 6 coil pack. no fire from coil. replaced with new , no fire. have 13 volts on the 2 wires pluged in , nothing out.  what can i look at

116,425

Also keep in mind that if either plug or plug wire is bad on that coil it will cause coil not to fire to either.

70

plugs and wires are 6 months with very low miles. i did not detect a pulse, this thing will start righ up ,sop not much turn time . i have moved coil to other and it fires fine , have replaced the 2 wire plug . this was in the beginning just once in a while with no engine light ,now i have light and its constant

116,425

Just for giggles unplug both wires from coil. Use spare wire and spark plug hook it to that coil with no others. Does it fire?

116,425

If that don't work possibly ecu issue or crank position sensor issue. You said you now have check engine light. What is the code?

70

have done that with wire and plug, nothing , no code on my reader ,says only random multiple misfire

55

I am having the same issue. did you ever fix the problem? I just ordered a new ECU computer for the truck by the suggestion of the mechanic at Mitsubishi. I just can not have it installed and re programed till next week! I would love to know what your outcome was with this. Could you please contact me at Silksfloral@gmail.com Thanks so much

55

Hello wondering if you could please give some advice. Code is reading a random misfire, two of the 3 coil packs are fine but the 3rd gets no spark at all. I replaced the coil pack and still nothing. My friend was going to replace the cam and crank sensor but that will require him to pretty much take my entire truck apart and would then need to replace the timing belt, gaskets, water pump, and o rings. Sooo I called Mitsubishi and was told that it could be the ECU computer but they no longer have that part available but I could order one and they could put it in and reprogram my truck. I did order the ECU today. Just wondering if you have any suggestions or advice. Thanks so much Kimberly Silksfloral@gmail.com

change coil still no fire

did you ever fix it