no start condition, have spark, no injector pulse/no gas. Pour fuel in spark plug hole and will start but will not run but for a few seconds or till gas is burned. Have good scanner, help

20

Asked by Jul 05, 2014 at 04:18 PM about the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS Spyder

don't want to pay unless advice helps to FIX the car.

122,785

You pay nothing for advice here my friend. Did you check your codes? What are the numbers?

Best Answer Mark helpful
122,785

Also how many miles on your car and has the timing belt been replaced as it should have been? Was you driving it and it just went dead on you?

130

Check your 10 amp fuse for your fuelpump. Then fuel filter!! Your catalyst on exhaust pipe could be clogged!!

122,785

Also check all your fuses. When checking for injector pulse you should have constant positive voltage on one wire and should see the negative (ground) wire pulse as engine is turning over. If no positive power double check fuses. If no negative pulse then check crank position sensor. If you have both then check fuel pressure at fuel rail. Keep in mind that your fuel pump will not prime with key just in on position. It will only prime/work with engine turning over.

122,785

Another thing to check with one of these. When you pour gas in plug hole and it starts will it stay running if you keep a little pressure on the gas pedal? If so it's probably a faulty/dirty idle air control valve and/or dirty throttle plate.

6,535

sounds a lot like a bad ECU to me

20

Only code is P0135, thanks, Around 136,000 miles, T. belt changed some time back. Car was idling in driveway then died. Fuel pump does work during initial starting sequence, also within the test the scanner preforms. The fuel filter is a good suggestion, I will. Even if the cat. was plugged, wouldn't it still start and run a bit? see error code Checked injectors for + power and yes it's constant, but the pulse while cranking I will check to verify. I will set up the injection gauges and post all results. Introduction of gas into cylinders, starts for a few seconds and if I open throttle it will increase on RPM momentarily then fuel is spent. ECU was sent out, "bench tested" and "repaired" yet they can't tell me anything. What circuits were affected etc. Sounds a bit like BS to me. Thank you all for you help, I do have a couple of ideas from you and I will post again as soon as can get back to it. Paul

122,785

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0135

122,785

Have you checked the fuel pressure at the fuel rail? And what psi did it read?

90

immobiliser