Burned alternator belt/wire on my 1994 mercury grand Marquis
My car went dead last nite as I was driving down
the street. Earlier I noticed both signal lights were
fading and not working properly. Got it home after
boosting several times. They say it is a burnt
alternator wire or belt. This morning went out to try
and start it. Automatic key lock didn't work opened
it manually and realized that the light switch didn't
automatically cut off last night. Now everything is
BATTERY YOU CANT BURN A ALTERNATOR BELT YOU CAN BREAK IT BUT NO BURNED IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR LIGHTS ITS A CRAPPY BATTERY GO TO O'REILLYS AND GET A BATTERY
Your alternator could be bad. Belt could be off. Battery may or may not be good at this point. A good charge on the battery will tell that. (overnight). Measure voltage at battery, car running, should be over 14 volts, if not, bad alternator or belt.
Search Mercury Grand Marquis Questions
Are you a UK consumer? CarGurus now has a discussion forum in the UK.
Mercury Grand Marquis Experts