Where is the headlight sensor on my 2002 lincoln signature series?

Asked by Jun 26, 2015 at 06:34 PM about the 2002 Lincoln Town Car Signature

I thought the sensor to make the lights come on was on the top of the dash on the passenger side but when I covered that it did not force the lights to come on. Is the sensor located inside the vehicle or on the outside by the headlights so it knows when it starts getting dark to turn the lights on? Thank you for any help anyone can give me on this situation.

I had a Lincoln and the auto-headlight sensor was on the mirror , back side toward windshield

30

The auto headlight sensor is part of the red blinking light in the center of dash near windshield. It is accessible by popping up the trim that surrounds it and the defrost vent. Mine was defective and caused the lights to stay on in bright sunlight. (when in the automatic position) It is very simple and easy to replace once you understand it. Now, there is a little sensor on the right side of the dash, but it is NOT for the headlights. I am pretty sure it relates to the AC and is supposed to adjust for bright sunlight causing extra load. I have learned this stuff the hard way by much research and some trial and error. I hope it helps someone.