On my 99 town car the low beam headlights stopped working randomly

10

Asked by Nov 20, 2014 at 09:35 PM about the 1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature

my low beams wont work when i turn them on but if i turn the left turn signal on the left
low beam will turn on and the same thing with the right low beam. The high beams still
work and all my rear lights still work. Its not the lcm cause that went few months back but
when that went the rear lights wouldnt work.  Any suggestions could it be from the heavy
snow cause i live in new york and could be shorting out or is it something worse? Thanks

64,375

I think your light switch,meaning dimmer in colunm is bad,may need a new one.

10

thats the hole turning signal unit correct? It randomly started happening today and i was thinking electrical short or that unit.

64,375

Yes, it is the whole unit.

Best Answer
10

Okay thank you very much for helping me out means alot .. Ill order a new one tommarow and let you know if it fixes the problem

10

i Just replaced the dimmer unit and the low beams still arent working. Any ideas