I have a 98 Lincoln Town car executive Ed. Brand new baterry and alternator it died as I was coin down road. All lights come on strong but as soon as I turn key everything cuts completely and don't.

Asked by Jan 28, 2014 at 10:38 PM about the 1998 Lincoln Town Car Executive

Is it my engine

108,845

Sure sounds like a loose or dirty battery connection. Also could be loose or dirty frame or motor ground. I advise to clean and tighten all of them.

19,215

Have you tried jump starting it?

Baterry new and yes tried jumping it

19,215

Check to see If it is full of oil and have someone get underneath it and see if they can turn the engine on the crankshaft pulley bolt with a socket and 1/2" ratchet.

108,845

Oh no tuff sure hope that's not the case. Locked up motor. But got to say that's a good call. Check as tuff stated.

19,215

Hi dandy. Yeah I was trying to see if any of the other things would work first.

check wires on alternator for cracked or broken also make sure its a good alternator thats what mine was did same thing good luck