Rear Air Suspension

60

Asked by Jul 06, 2011 at 02:24 PM about the 1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature

Replaced height sensor and air compressor. Relays, fuses, and trunk switch ok. Why doesn't air suspension work? 97 Signature Town car.

40

check rear stab. bar, follow to bolts, to brackett on frame, i need these bracketts for same problemon my tc

190

I can tell by the effort that you have put into the airbag system, that you want to use it. However, the best thing that you can do is repalce the system with a coil spring conversion. The money that you have already spent on the airbag system would have paid for a conversion. If you are able to do the work yourself, then replace the bags with part number CS817 which is a variable rate coil spring, which is perfect for the Town Car. I have also used part number CS8649 which is not a variable rate spring, and if you have people in the back or stuff in the trunk, this spring may not be a good choice for the load. Get CS817, you'll be more happier. I have converted hundreds of Town Cars since 1996 using these coil springs. That part number can be used at Advance Auto Parts, Autozone, and others.