1997 Lincoln Town car executive coolant leak

Asked by May 10, 2016 at 11:30 AM about the 1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive

Noticed coolant leaking from front middle part of engine down on to plastic shrouding and onto
street. Only leaks when engine warmed up and hasn't overheated as long as sump is topped
off. Makes gurgling noise when car is turned off. What's up? Can't see real well but looks like it's
coming from right under water pump, but pump not making noise. Car has 120k miles. Don't
know history of this car thanks

97,125

120K it's about time for a water pump to start leaking. There is a weep hole on the bottom side of the pump and that might be where it is coming from.

Thanks tennisshoes. I suspected water pump, but when I started reading about heater tubes and cracked tstat housings in plastic manifold etc. I wasn't sure. The car belongs to my ex wife and she recently got it from her mom. So it was an "old ladies" car and well maintained. The interior is immaculate. The whole car is amazing and engine/engine compartment is super clean. But does have over 100k (120k for a 20 year old car in so cal is pretty low). I will pull peripheral stuff off and look at it this weekend. I think youre probably right, the prime suspect is the water pump.