What could be the problem with my Lincoln Town Car?

Asked by May 22, 2015 at 01:12 PM about the 1994 Lincoln Town Car Signature

Car was driving like a dream until 2 weeks ago when the engine just wouldn't turn over.  
I sounded like it was going to.  I got it going, and a week later same problem.  Had to
take it to a mechanic.  He put in a new fuel pump, gave it back to me, and it wouldn't
start the second time I tried to drive it.  Took it back, they said they'd forgotten to
reattach a sensor wire.  Drove yesterday twice, was fine.  Drove to work.  An Hour and
a half later, same problem.  What now?

237,325

Did they change the fuel filter? Maybe the fuel pressure regulator/injectors or some other issue, not fuel related. Hard for use to diagnose. If your getting nowhere with your current mechanic, maybe get a second opinion?

10

I had the same problem with my 1999 Lincoln Town Car. It was the crank position sensor, and if you tap it, it may work to get you home. It is located down below the water pump at the front of the engine. Blaise M.

I have a lincoln and it did the same but it wasn't the crankshaftsensorin it was the battery wires they get corroded inside the wires you really can't see it but it happens tap them if not just replace them your lights do work hut car will die out as you go down the road hope it works for you

My mechanic got it going, it's still going. It still threatened at times not to start. Recently the mechanic replaced one of the battery connections and cleaned the others, and it's made a big difference! It also made a new noise, and the power steering pump had to be replaced. Now it's purring along! Praise God!