I recently purchased a well maintained 1993 Lexus LS 400, but the battery was said to be a problem. I have only driven it a few times, but I notice when I apply the breaks the headlaps blink. Can this be a symptom of an electrical problem that would explain why the battery was always being drained for the prior owner? I am going to purchase a new high quality battery, but the prior owner told me to keep the + terminal disconnected so it would not go dead. Hmmm :( This does not sound like a practical way to address the problem. Any suggestions? Scott

Asked by Aug 05, 2014 at 07:23 PM about the 1993 Lexus LS 400 Base

!993 Lexus LS 400 w/ 130K miles, well maintained at local garage. I am trying to see if their is a more fundamental electrical problem that I should be aware of with this make of car. Thank you. Scott
ruabear02@aol.com

228,945

Thats the way the original owner told you there is a parasitic drain on the battery. So it's basically an electrical issue that is draining your battery when the car is off. Check out this site.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF1gijj03_0

228,945

Since the headlight flash when putting on the brakes, it very well could be part of those circuits that are affected. I would start there.

10

easiest way is to use a dvm set for dc current draw should be approx .03 ma. if it is higher remove fuses on suspected circuits one at a time while watching meter. hope this helps

10

ah that suggestion was re parasitic draw