I have a 93 honda del Sol everytime I come to red light or dead stop she surges a little bit and then stalls out She starts right back up

Asked by Nov 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM about the 1993 Honda Civic del Sol 2 Dr Si Coupe

...first off I'm gonna ask you to bring it to a GOOD autoparts store where they'll send a guy out to connect to you OBD-II port to extract any trouble codes that might have happened.....based on your description it sounds like a sticking EGR valve...these get crudded with carbon....can be cleaned with some brake cleaner...another thought is the fuel pressure regulator has the vacuum hose torn off or the hose made from butyl-rubber (chewing gum and coal tar) has cracked or bloated...you can get your own OBD-II scanner where you can read the trouble codes (if any) then RESET codes with this~

the obd port is within 3 feet of the ignition switch and is marked "diagnostic" on the cover~

silicone vacuum hoses cost ten times the cost of butyl rubber, but will NEVER crack, take on oil or start leakin' wish I could take the time on my own....BMW and Police equipped vehicles ALL use silicone vacuum hoses...toyota and honda don't....cheepos~

please tell me the codes...once you gottem~

4,795

judge, a 93 won't have obd II. to the original poster, how is the car at other times? does it run fine? when was the last tune up done? pcv valve replaced?