I purchased a 1993 Honda civic del sol a few months ago. It has a JDM B18C type R motor and a GSR tranny. It also has a TRI Y header and 2.5 exhaust with a magnaflow muffler.

Asked by Aug 27, 2013 at 07:55 PM about the 1993 Honda Civic del Sol 2 Dr S Coupe

I know very little about cars in general.  This car is quick, and has been chipped and tuned by phearable.net.  It also has a Fidanza 7.5 lb flywheel, stage 36 puck clutch, and a B&M race series short throw shifter.  Any ideas on how to make this car faster, not for racing just for my satisfaction?

105

Well a 93 del sol s would normally come with a d15 seires engine. The engine you have is a swapped engine, and tons of mods it looks like. To get more performance I suppose is more aggressivr camshafts upgraded engine components. Turbo the engine and get it retuned. Swap in a k series engine. Etc. Your del sok should already have a huge improvement with that b18c gsr.

785

Sounds like what you've got seems to work pretty well. I'd be loathe to try and do any more with it. The Del Sol was not meant to be a screamer; what you've got now seems like a perfect balance. You state you know very little about cars; if this is the case I'd leave well enough alone. You could be easily fooled in the upgrade department by someone who doesn't know the full history. If it runs great now, leave it and enjoy it.

I appreciate both responses to my question. I'm intrigued by the suggestion of a more aggressive camshaft. What price range does a modification such as this normally run? Also I have a non running Honda CRX DX with a new T3 T4 turbo and new injectors on it. Would this be an expensive undertaking to swap this turbo over to my del sol?

105

It just depends go look up aftermarket camshaft for your gsr motor. There shoukd be different stages for a camshaft. Prices vary between them. Swaping engines is not hard only if you have experience doing it. Depending what the motor the crx has.. you may need different motor mounts and small mods. But if you can completley swap over without any electrical issues.. like from obd0 to obd1 you should be fine. But the crx is obd0 and the del sol should be obd1. So you may need a conversion kit. It can get complicated. But if the crx has the same obd1 motor it should drop right in easy.