Okay, I have. 91 ford tempo. Today I lost a tube from underneath and lost all radiator fluid and it over heated. Fixed piped and it doesn't leak. But no it won't start.Is trying to turn over but wines

10

Asked by May 26, 2014 at 10:41 PM about the 1991 Ford Tempo 4 Dr GL Sedan

72,425

Sounds like the starter. The excessive heat from the overheated engine could very well have cooked the starter. I Had the exact same thing happen to me once on a Pontiac I used to own. HTH. -Jim

10

Thank you very much

9,845

When car ran hot ,you probably damaged the your cylinder head.If CAR doent start with starter,i think you may need head work.Hope im wrong this time . Good luck with this

72,425

You're welcome. Glad to help. -Jim

26,245

@Kimmie93, it sounds more like a loss of compression from a Blown Head Gasket. Because of the Starter's position - and the fact that it just can't happen on this car - an overheated engine cannot cook the starter. It isn't anywhere near the exhaust system on this vehicle. DO NOT start replacing parts based on advice from this Forum without first diagnosing the concern (or having it diagnosed). Some people like to suggest that you throw your hard-earned money at your car - especially when it isn't their money. Have it checked out by a Pro.